Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Rio de Janeiro – semester two!



January 18, 2013 – January 21, 2013
Semester break is over now, though it certainly felt to short! It was only ten days, but I went home and had an great time with family, and resting up for the exciting semester to come!
I returned to the ship on the 18th, to a very HOT ship; the AC is broken so it’s over 30°C in the banjer! We cleaned, settled into the ship again, and got our new watches. I’m in watch two and we have an amazing watch! It’s going to be great!
I have a hammock this semester too, rather than a bunk like last time. I think it’ll be good when we’re at sea, as the rocking of the hammock will counteract the rocking of the ship, so hopefully I’ll sleep well even when the seas get rough! I’ve heard that we could have some very rough seas on this next sail; a month-long sail across the Atlantic to Cape Town, South Africa!
On the 20th, we had the day to go ashore with our new watches. We had an awesome day, taking the cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain. We had a little picnic up there, and saw some cute little monkeys as well. Best of all, the mountain offered an amazing view over the city of Rio. It’s a pretty impressive city, but it’s too bad that we didn’t have a little more time to explore. We left the following day, January 21st, for 28 days at sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment